There are 3 possible options this week.
- Leave it on Aguero for next Tuesday (no captain today)
- Switch to Ozil. Chealsea today, then Southampton next Tuesday
- Switch to Lukaku. Home against Swansea, but he doesn’t play until gameday 2 next week
I had debated between options 1 & 2 but didn’t really like either option. Ozil doesn’t excite me as captain and has 2 difficult(ish) fixtures. Aguero is always close to an injury and with the next match in 10 days, I’d rather have points now. So I have decided option 3 is the way to go.
Although Lukaku doesn’t play until game day 2 next week (Wednesday) I will hopefully have banked some points this week and it leaves me a few options to play with next week:
1. Leave it on him for Newcastle on Wednesday (game day 2)
2. Make an early switch to Aguero against Sunderland (game day 1). This means I’m locked into Aguero and will miss Lukaku vs. Newc. Not so bad as Aguero plays Leiscester game day 1 the following week
3. Use a trade to bring in Payet as captain for Tuesday match against Villa. Then use another to bring Lukaku back in. This uses up a couple of trades but probably has the highest points potential